ABOUT THIS BLOG....

**** PLEASE READ THIS FIRST ****

Hi, Thank you for following my little adventure.

I plan to add an "episode" at least once a week.

The blogs are ordered with the most recent posts on the top, followed by the older posts further down.

If you want to be informed as soon as I add an "experience", just enter your email address in the space above.


FEEL FREE TO TICK ONE OF THE 4 REACTION BOXES, AND/OR LEAVE A "COMMENT" BY CLICKING THE WORD "COMMENT".

WRITE YOUR COMMENT UNDER "POST A COMMENT" IN THE TEXT BOX.
THEN CLICK "POST COMMENT".
IF REQUESTED TO CHOOSE PROFILE...
CHOOSE "NAME/URL".

TYPE IN YOUR NAME ... (URL NOT NECESSARY)
THEN HIT "POST COMMENT" AGAIN.

Saturday, July 23, 2011

BMW Rally at Bloomsburg, PA.

Packed and ready to go...check out the toes.

Gary, our FAVORITE security guy!


My new friends and hosts, Jeff and Kathy in Danbury, CT.

Our "neighborhood" L>R, John, Kathy, Mike

Rusty, by my tent, Moto, and hammock.

A few hundred of the approx. 6,000 tents in the fairgrounds.

Rusty

Another pic of our neighborhood, and John.

Rusty and Kathy.
(CLICK ON PICS FOR A LARGER VIEW)

Well I finally left Montreal a bit later than expected...2pm...and headed slightly out of my way on a 6 hour ride south to Danbury, CT., where I would spend my first nite as a guest of some fellow BMW riders I contacted through the "BMW Anonymous" book. Here, any BMWMOA (BMW Moto Owners of America) member may list their tel. #, along with their city, state, and country, and I as a rider can contact these people and "beg" for a room for the night. That's how I met this great family in Danbury who agreed to put me up...(name to follow).

The ride was hot...36oC...and I rode only in my running shorts and helmet.

The next morning it was another 6 hours to the BMW Rally in Bloomsburg, PA., which will attract approx. 10,000 riders. This rally allows us to attend lectures an various subjects from technology to travel. There are also hundreds of the biggest BMW accessory suppliers who helped me part from my money very quickly.

I arrived there around 2pm in the 36oC heat which was to remain through the week to today...the closing day. I first set up my tent, and then proceeded to work as a volunteer from Monday to Thursday when the Rally opens to the general BMW public.

Amazingly, not more than 10 meters from my tent I met Rusty whom I met for the first time 6 years ago at another BMW rally in North Carolina. Surrounding us was a great group of campers, Pat and Hank, the 2 Medic Chairmen of the rally, Mike, who was in charge of registration, and offered Rusty and I a room in his AIR CONDITIONED DORM suite which he and Angie rented...it was heaven after 5 days of living in the heat. Then there was Kathy, John, and Gary, the security officer of the site, who would frequently stop by to chat.

Today is the final day, and I'll be breaking camp and will be heading for Cleveland (6hrs.) tomorrow, after spending a second nite with Mike, where I'll be staying with another BMW "anonymous" member, and then the next day, Monday, it's another 6hr. ride to approx. 100 km. west of Chicago, where I'll be staying with old sailing friends, Dick and Mary-Brashler for a nite or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment