ABOUT THIS BLOG....

**** PLEASE READ THIS FIRST ****

Hi, Thank you for following my little adventure.

I plan to add an "episode" at least once a week.

The blogs are ordered with the most recent posts on the top, followed by the older posts further down.

If you want to be informed as soon as I add an "experience", just enter your email address in the space above.


FEEL FREE TO TICK ONE OF THE 4 REACTION BOXES, AND/OR LEAVE A "COMMENT" BY CLICKING THE WORD "COMMENT".

WRITE YOUR COMMENT UNDER "POST A COMMENT" IN THE TEXT BOX.
THEN CLICK "POST COMMENT".
IF REQUESTED TO CHOOSE PROFILE...
CHOOSE "NAME/URL".

TYPE IN YOUR NAME ... (URL NOT NECESSARY)
THEN HIT "POST COMMENT" AGAIN.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Whitehorse, YT.,....Just my luck !!

Well, it's all in the timing. I arrived in WH Sat. nite, which meant I had to wait till Monday to change my street tires to my pre-ordered "knobby" tires with a far more aggressive tread to better handle the 750 km of rough gravel and slipper mud that forms the Dempster Hwy. The Dempster will take me from Dawson City to Inuvit north of the Artic Circle.

But first I have to travel the 500 km from WH to DC.

Anyways, as luck would have it, Monday was a general holiday in the Yukon, which meant I had to wait in WH till this morning to put the tires on, and by the time it was done, there was not enough time left to make Dawson City, which means a third nite in WH.

I'm adding a number of pics from my trip so far, mainly from Northern BC, Yukon, and maybe a few from Northern Alberta. (Sorry, I may have added duplicates.










BTW this trip in northwest Canada has been spectacular...this country is unbelievably vast....and my weather has been amazing too. Since leaving Montreal July 17, I've had less than 30 min. of rain in all of my 10,000 km.






No comments:

Post a Comment